Musical Mondays: KROQ Weenie Roast 2013

This past Saturday I had the incredible opportunity to go to the annual KROQ Weenie Roast held at The Verizon Wireless Amphitheater in Irvine, California. (Thank you Melissa for the ticket! You are amazing!) This concert was life changing. I was impressed by every band and I think they all did an amazing job. To see the full line up click here.
The concert was somewhat split into two parts. The first five bands performed on the side stage from 1:30-3:30. Since we got to the concert early and this stage only consisted of a pit, my group and I were able to be fairly close to the stage. After that, the rest of the bands performed on the main stage, and we then proceeded to watch the concert from the lawn.
In this entry I want to focus on five bands that I did not know prior to Weenie Roast but have now become some of my most listened to bands.

First off, Twenty One Pilots.
These two guys are very talented and they did a great job of getting the crowd pumped up. They were very interactive with the crowd and were hands down the most enthusiastic band at Weenie Roast. Click here to listen to Car Radio! (:

Next is Capital Cities.

Capital Cities did a great job getting the crowd to dance. We were also happily surprised when they did their cover of Staying Alive by the Bee Gees. Click to listen to Safe and Sound! (:

Up next is The Neighbourhood.
The Neighbourhood was a lot calmer compared to the previous bands but overall great vibes. Click here for the song that I've been listening to nonstop. (:

Get ready for Fitz and the Tantrums.

This was another one of those bands who got the people dancing. They were very interactive and very fun to watch. Listen to Out Of My League! (:

Last but not least C2C.

These four DJs were a lot of fun to dance to. The glowsticks all around also added to the party environment. Click here for Down the Road! (:

This concert was overall perfect! I would not change a thing!(: I would like to give a HUGE thanks to my sister once again for the ticket. That was very nice of her. Until next time, bye.(:

No comments:

Post a Comment