Memorial Day and Macarons


Happy memorial day weekend everyone!
Earlier today I went with my high school's Leo Club to lay wreaths at a nearby veterans'  cemetery. I was supposed to be at the location by 9 am so I had decided the night before to leave at 8 since it takes abut 40 minutes to get there. I had set my alarm for 6 am which would leave me 2 hours to wash my face, do my make up, eat breakfast, and style a cute outfit. Plus this would give me a lot of extra time to watch YouTube videos as well(; Anyway, I ended up waking up at 7:35. Oops. I managed to apply a simple make up look (even though I had to do my mascara in the car) and quickly decide on an outfit that would be appropriate for the occasion.
Regardless of my waking up late, I was able to arrive nearly 25 minutes early. My group from our high school then walked around the cemetery laying our wreaths that we had each personally decorated. After about 1 and half hours of me trying to avoid the sun (I'm still pretty sun burnt from the KROQ Weenie Roast Concert) we were done with laying the wreaths and my dad and I went to get lunch at a French restaraunt.
My favorite part was the macarons. I had never tried one before and I absolutely fell in love with them. They have a thin crunchy layer and soft chewy centers. I really wanted a pink macaron but unfortunately they didn't have any. I ended up trying the pistachio, lavender, and coffee macarons. My favorite flavor was coffee and my least favorite was lavender. I didn't really know what to expect with the lavender flavor but it wasn't that. It tasted a little bit like soap or detergent. Not like I've eaten either of those but the taste reminded me of the smell of them.
I'm really looking forward to trying new flavors! Let me know in the comments your favorite macaron flavor. Best Wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment