Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Review


Oh my gosh guys. This foundation is amazing! Since I just used the last of it today, I figured it would be a good time to review it since I've had a while to try it out. Before I say more about this product, I would just like to give a little information about my skin and It's conditions. First of all, I'm in the shade nude light 4. I do have acne so I always look for coverage but I also don't want to look like I cake it on. I don't mind my imperfections showing through my make up but I do want something that will notably make my skin look better. I have very sensitive skin and it's also a mix between dry and oily, but since I am no longer swimming every day, my skin is not as dry anymore. Now, with the weather getting warmer, my main concern is keeping my face from getting oily. That being said, I will now proceed to talk about this awesome foundation.
This foundation is really great for sensitive skin because it won't irritate it. This product is very easy to blend and is also quite buildable  making it suitable for all skin types. I for example use about two coats to really hide my imperfections, but if you don't have anything to hide, then one coat will work perfectly. This product is definitely true to what it says: it's very matte. As soon as you apply it, the skin turns super soft and velvety looking. This foundation does not need to be set with powder, but I always do, just in case, because of my oily skin. A couple tips that I have are: #1-Use a primer. I like to use the E.L.F Mineral Infused Face Primer, but you can use whatever you want. Primer will help ensure that the mousse sticks onto your face and stays there(; #2-Use a sponge to apply it. Whether you prefer the beauty blender, or the cheap disposable sponges that come in packs of 30 (that's what I use(; ), make sure you use some sort of sponge applicator. Brushes do not work too well when it comes to applying mousse and using your fingers can often be unsanitary and cause acne. 
This foundation can be found at any drugstore and has a very reasonable price. This jar last me forever and it will last you forever too, because you don't need to apply  very much each time. I hope this review was helpful and I'll talk to you guys next time(: Best wishes!

4 comments:

  1. Love it haha this just makes me want to buy it lol even though I have the other one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha!(: oh! I read the comment you left on my ootn(: pshhh...there was no dancing at my banquet!! D: stupid swim banquets(; remember when we danced at the wedding? xD

      Delete
    2. yes i remember haha i posted my flashback friday already ;) hope you do the same!

      Delete
    3. I read it and I love it <3 good job girlie

      Delete