SENIOR PROM ♥



Hi everyone! I know it's been a while but with senior year stress, posting has been pretty difficult, This past weekend, however, was my senior prom and I am excited to share my experience with you! I had initially planned to vlog throughout the night but I decided not to do so because I really just wanted to enjoy the night and take it all in.

I'll start off by talking about my look for the night. First, the dress. I still cannot believe I found this dress because it honestly took about 20 minutes to find and it had everything I wanted in my prom dress: it was black, had no sparkles, a halter neck, backless, and a leg slit. I think the best part about this dress, however, was the price. I got this dress for $29 at Nordstrom Rack, which I definitely recommend if you're shopping on a budget. Not only can you find good deals, but you know you're getting a quality dress. I would not recommend spending too much money on a dress for one night, because you will only be wearing it once. Although that is another thing I really like about my dress. I'm pretty sure I'll be using this dress again someday. The look that I was going for with my dress was "red carpet." I wanted to look elegant and eye-catching but not in an in-your-face kind of way. That's why I stayed away from any jewels or sparkles and instead chose to show some more skin.


The shoes I wore, which sadly are not very visible in most of these pictures, were some classic black pumps that made me look so tall, but also destroyed my feet by the end of the night. I made sure that upon my actual arrival to prom I looked tall with my shoes but once I felt people had gotten a good look at them, I took them off to dance, haha. 

Onto the details! I focused on a black and gold theme that night, which is why I chose gold earrings, a black purse with gold chain, and gold glittery nails. The nails were some press on nails that I got at a drugstore, and sadly did not last through the night. They did, however, manage to stay on during my pictures. My dangly earrings were from Forever 21 and they were under $5.




As far as hair and makeup goes, everything was done by me. If you are planning on doing your own hair and makeup for prom, or any other event, I highly recommend practicing your look a couple times before the actual day of your event, just to make things smoother the day of. My hair was done in two twisty braids and then pinned at the back of my head with many bobby pins but I was ultimately very pleased with how it turned out.


For my makeup I used an elf eye shadow palette which you can find here. I also used Revlom's Raisin Rage on my lips to complete the look. Other than that I applied a winged liner and a few good coats of mascara. I also kept the blush and contour to a minimum.


Here are a few more pictures :)







So our prom this year was held at the San Diego Zoo but our evening began with pictures at the beautiful Balboa Park, not too far from Downtown San Diego. My group, which included three other couples, as well as another single girl all met at 6 pm to take pictures. Any of my pictures that have a really pretty background are at Balboa Park (◕‿◕✿) . (I have pictures with the entire group but I decided not to post everyone's pictures on here) From there, we took a white stretch limo to Downtown for dinner at Bucca Di Beppo. After dinner we headed off to prom.

Unsure of what to expect I was extremely impressed by the zoo. Living in San Diego, I had been there several times before but I had never actually been to an event there. The prom was outside and above us were hanging lights that illuminated the entire place. Apparently there were birds and even a tiger there but they were only out for a little while and since we arrived a bit late, we missed them. All in all, I was really pleased with the location and I am glad that we were able to have our prom as such a unique location.

After prom we headed off to Extraordinary Desserts in Downtown San Diego and I finished my night with a delicious flourless chocolate fudge brownie. Yum!


After dessert, we all went to a friends house and from there I went home. I was so tired by the end of the night but I am so happy with how my prom experience turned out!

I hope you all enjoyed hearing about my prom experience and I will talk to you guys soon. Bye! ♥




2 comments:

  1. Gosh I loved looking at this!!! This just makes me feel as though I'm there with you although I factimed you while you were getting ready it still feels like the pictures bring out those momemts and bring out a nostalgic factor!!! Prom was great for me and it sounds like it was for you too you look gorgeous boo!! :) I'm so happy to see these pics on here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks babygirl you da sweetest ~( ̄▽ ̄〜)(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜

      Delete