I DYED MY HAIR?!



Yes, I finally did it. 

I have been wanting to dye my hair for the past two years and this past weekend I finally gathered the courage to just go ahead and do it.  As you can see from the picture, I have an ombre look now.

I’ll start off by talking about what I had in mind when I was thinking of dying my hair. I knew I was going to visit my sister last weekend and her roommate is amazing at dying hair and doing ombre so I figured I could ask her to dye my hair. I had originally planned to dye my hair purple since my sister had purple hair dye. So that was what I had planned.

Now, the dying process and how I ended up without purple hair.
First, we went to Target to find a hair dye to bleach my hair. Since I have very dark brown hair, we knew that just a purple dye would not show up on my hair and we would have to bleach my hair first. The dye I bought was a regular box dye from L’Oreal but it was to dye your hair platinum. We had to get the lightest dye there was to make sure it would actually do something to my hair.

The instructions said to leave the dye in for 40-60 minutes so I decided to leave it in for 50 minutes. Then I rinsed it out and used a purple anti-brass conditioner. When I saw my hair I was super happy and my sister’s roommate blow-dried my hair so I could get the full effect. After seeing my hair like this and liking it so much I realized that maybe I didn’t want to dye my hair purple yet. Plus, my sister’s purple dye was not the shade of purple I was really looking for.




I have decided instead to keep my hair like this and then in a few months I’ll dye the ends either purple or teal. As far as the length, although I love my short hair, I figured I’ll let it grow out for a little while so that I can enjoy my ombre hair for a little while longer.

Overall, I’m very pleased with the result and I thing the ombre really adds a nice edge to my look. I had been debating this for the longest time but now, I'm so glad I did it. I definitely recommend it to anyone. I hope this post helps you if you want to dye your hair and I hope you enjoy. Bye!   



2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you having fun experimenting with hair dye. I think you should put the purple dye on hold for a while. The ombre look is very trendy these days, but yours really stands out. Maybe because people tend to do the ombre look on longer hair than short? In any case, thanks for sharing that, Carolina! Stay gorgeous! :)

    Tommy Clark @ Her Hair Company Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it awesome when that happens? You set off to make your hair purple, then you end up with something better. You took the risk of having your hair dyed, and it paid off in unexpected ways. At least you are getting the hang of it, enough to make various other outcomes possible. Cheers!

    Sadie Montgomery @ Hoshalls Folsom

    ReplyDelete